Monday, October 18, 2010

unexpected surprise

this is almost as mind blowing as the bar owner in canada, driving us to a different bar in his minivan so we could watch the redskins. on live-chat tech support with sony trying to find the replacement charger for my wireless headphones...

You have been connected to Agent Ray.
Agent Ray: Hi, thanks for choosing Sony Ericsson Chat Support. My name is Ray. How may I help you?
Dan: I lost my charger for my HBH-IS800 headphones.
Dan: what is the correct replacement part number?
Agent Ray: You can use the CST-60, CST-70 or CST-75 standard chargers to charge your headset.
Dan: what is the difference between those parts?
Agent Ray: CST-60 and CST-70 are basically the same model, the CST-75 has a piggy connector that you can attach an accessory to it while charging your phone.
Dan: okay
Dan: thank you
Agent Ray: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Dan: actually
Dan: i am looking at a picture of the cst-60 and the connector does not appear to be correct
Agent Ray: What happens is the correct charger for the HBH-IS800 is not available to buy. However, as one time courtesy concession, I can send you a new charger as no cost to you.
Dan: that would be fantastic
Agent Ray: Please provide me with your full name, physical address and a telephone number to place the order.
...
Agent Ray: Thank you for the information. Here is the confirmation number for this order: 101810267531. You can expect this delivery within 3-5 business days.
Dan: thanks ray!
Dan: really appreciate it.
Agent Ray: Is there anything else I can help you with?


and here's the thing... it's gonna cost them about $2 in postage (the charger itself i'm sure is next to zero cost) and they bought themselves a ton of good will. THIS IS A GOOD STRATEGY IF ANYONE IS LISTENING.

No comments: